Quaglia Demo Site Model
Professional Learning Sessions: Five sessions will be offered serving up to 30 participants per session. Participants can come from a single school or up to five different schools. In addition to the established sessions, services will be tailored to address the specific needs of the school. These sessions include:
- Understanding the Dynamics of Student Voice and Aspirations
- Voice and Vision: Using Data to Inform Decisions and Directions
- Ensuring a Sense of Self-Worth for Your Students
- Cultivating Engagement
- Having a Sense of Purpose & Teacher Voice
- Student Voice: The Instrument of Change (Corwin 2014).
- Workbooks for each session
To supplement the five professional learning sessions, Dr. Quaglia and his colleagues at the Quaglia Institute will host webinars during the academic year. Dr. Quaglia will hold live sessions where participants can share their successes, ask questions, build relationships with other Quaglia School Voice sites from around the world, and learn from leading global educational thought leaders.
Participants will have access to Project Aspire*, an exciting online educational experience that puts learning about School Voice and Student Aspirations in the hands of the learners. Project Aspire keeps educators engaged in school voice work in between the five onsite Professional Learning Sessions. Educators will complete various results-oriented learning "quests" that include popular educational articles, podcasts, TED talks, scholarly research, and hands-on learning activities. The Project Aspire experience is directed by the learner and shaped by his or her learning needs.
Additional Voice Resources
The following resources are required as an integral part of the Quaglia School Voice model, to enhance and take full advantage of the Professional Learning Sessions, Webinars, and Project Aspire:
- iKnowMyClass -- this classroom level survey provides formative feedback to teachers based on a well-researched model of classroom engagement.
- Student Voice -- this school level survey provides an effective measure of the Aspirations Framework.
*The cost of Project Aspire is included in the QSV model.